Friday, August 26, 2011

Bugged Out~!!!

We have seen some interesting little bugs here lately.

Some nice:















can you see the grasshopper above?!!?


And some not so nice:













This first one is a scorpion.....yuck! He is stuck on a bag trap. Thanking God for bug traps!


Last night, we were all wanting to go on a walk, the evening being perfect for a trek up and down the hills. E took a shortcut through the yard and walked too close to an underground hive. He was stung several times, the little bugs also crawling inside my capri pants as well as into my shirt. Though the moments of the stings were scary and painful, I can laugh at my reaction quite easily.

I cannot laugh at all (yet) about them attacking and stinging E ... poor little guy.


So after we all took off our loose clothes, showered and washed away all signs of the bees (or yellow jackets, hornets, sweat bees....whatever they are!), we made sure we were all tucked in and tight. Esp since the little stingers chased and followed my little stinker into the house.

We sure looked silly...

but we wanted no more under the clothes stings----yowch!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment