Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sweet Shortcake!

Our Z-boy has lots of curls. I love them. I have loved the idea of those curls years before he was born.

What? How on earth? Well...take a look at Dana when he was a little blond-headed tyke:



I am so thankful that our bookend children both have beautiful curls like their daddy did (and, I imagine, still does...if he'd grow his hair out). One child can grow out their hair and look like a girl and it is all good. But we figured it was time for the youngest to stop being mistaken for a girl. We thought it might do a bit of "damage" to his esteem or image or...to his parents' sensibilities! :o)
So, this past Sunday night, we got out the scissors and then began the sniffles snipping.

Before:


After:
I DO miss those curls, but brushing his hair is now much, much easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment