Monday, August 22, 2011

Little Hearts


Sometimes I am fearful of opening the door and allowing our children to step outside of our protective arms and home.

This world is big.

The hearts entrusted to us are little in size and very tender.

But, as I found out the other day, those very small hearts are large and strong in love and sincerity...

and faith.

"Mommy," said D-D, our 6 year old, with a catch in her voice, "I don't have anyone to tell about Jesus!"

~Then she began to cry.~


"All my friends already know!!!!" she sobs. "I have no one to tell. No one!"

She brings me such joy in our Lord....and because of that joy, I am also shamed. She is embracing Hope within her and is living out my desire....that our Hope will never be hidden.


Possibly without fully realizing it, she has taken Jesus' words of grace into her young heart and is desperate to share that grace and salvation to those around her. Though it hurts my heart, I love that God sometimes speaks to us through the innocence and faith of our children, that through the Spirit working in their hearts, HE pulls at mine and makes me once again desperate to please Him and love those around me.


Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation…

Mark 16:15

No comments:

Post a Comment